The focus of all Arc of Pennsylvania programs and efforts is to enhance and/or advocate for the civil rights, full inclusion, and participation of people with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities (IDD), of all ages and backgrounds, in the communities where they live.
Our focus is on statewide, systemic change so that gaps in health access for those with IDD do not occur, especially in minority and rural communities which experience the greatest disparities and inequities.
Policy Information Exchange
Through this quarterly publication, we educate and inform Pennsylvanians with disabilities, their families, advocates, and the public regarding public policy issues that impact people with IDD and their caregivers.
Include Me Programs
- Include Me School-Age provides free on-site technical assistance, professional development, and training to school districts, their educators and families, enabling them to develop effective strategies in including school-age students with significant disabilities in regular education classrooms and the school community.
- Student-focused activities such as Disability Acceptance Through Literature book studies to enhance disability acceptance, and After School Hangouts, for social and personal awareness.
Through several high-quality training opportunities, educators, vocational counselors, families, and others can learn best practices for providing supported employment, community participation, and/or customized employment. Our trainings offer various certification opportunities or the basic ACRE certificate for providing these services in Pennsylvania and other states. We offer scholarships for Pennsylvania families and Transition staff.
- Making Employment Work – Successful completion provides basic ACRE Certificate for those providing direct support services in the areas of supported employment, community participation, or transition services. Our training is recognized nationally.
- Customized Employment Training – includes Discovery Training and Customized Job Development Training (certification is available as an option)
- Intentional Teaching – A one day training teaching the essentials of systematic instruction for job skills and other skills.
Discovery Employment Transitions (ADEPT)
For transition age students, we offer vocational “Discovery”, an alternative assessment process that helps students and their teams identify the interests, skills, and conditions an individual needs for success in employment or community participation.