Customized Job Development Training
Customized Job Development Training
The goal of Customized Job Development training is to equip attendees with the skills to find a job that matches the needs of an individual with disabilities with the needs of an employer. The training provides core information needed to conduct the Customized Job Development process, including: introducing the essential elements of job development, moving from Discovery to job development, discussing negotiables, training on conducting an Employer Needs and Benefits Analysis and strategies for contacting and presenting to employers on behalf of job seekers. The Arc of Pennsylvania offers this training as a partner of Marc Gold & Associates (MG&A), an organization that developed this process and oversees certification.
Click the dates below to register:
May 17-19, 2023
Our Discovery training is designed for providers of Customized Employment and Advanced Supported Employment, school staff, counselors, and families.
COURSE OVERVIEW & DESCRIPTION
The Arc of Pennsylvania has partnered with Marc Gold and Associates (MG&A) to offer Customized Job Development Training. This training is one of three different, but related, training programs (Note: the other trainings are Discovery & Systematic Instruction. Discovery Training should be taken before taking this training.)
The main emphasis of the Customized Job Development Training is to teach attendees the skills needed to find jobs that meet both the needs of an individual with disabilities while matching the needs of an employer. The Customized Job Development training is used to support customized employment goals of individuals with significant disabilities that are typically not given consideration for competitive community employment.
Our Customized Job Development Training meets the PA Office of Vocational Rehabilitation Services (OVR) and the PA Office of Developmental Programs (ODP) provider qualification requirements to deliver customized employment services.
As a result of Customized Job Development training, participants seeking certification will be able to:
- Develop a concept portfolio
- Prepare a script for use in presentations to employers
- Use information from the job-seeker’s Discovery profile and customized plan for employment to identify employer possibilities.
- Learn how to use employment contacts, conduct benefit/needs analyses for/with potential employers, make presentations, negotiate customized job descriptions for the job seeker, conduct task analysis, and work to secure customized community-integrated jobs.
COURSE FORMAT, HOURS, REQUIREMENTS
- 3-day, virtual online training.
- Access to a computer or laptop with a webcam is essential for participation. The training will be held via Zoom. Registrants will be unable to join by phone.
- After the training, those pursuing certification will then complete approximately 40 hours of fieldwork with a learning partner under the guidance of MG&A over four months.
Link to view Certification Requirements for Customized Job Development
COST AND REGISTRATION
- $200 per person to audit (sit in on) the course
- $1200 per person for Certification
To register for a training, click on the dates listed in the Session Dates section above.
**Note: School staff and families of children with disabilities enrolled in K-12 can qualify for a scholarship to audit our training.
CONTACT FOR INFORMATION
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)
Who should get certified?
Providers of employment support services who want to be qualified to deliver customized employment services through OVR and/or Advanced Supported Employment Services through ODP. It is important for providers to understand that it is the specific staff who will actually be delivering the services that OVR and ODP require be certified, not the supervisors.